Did you know that specially trained Writing Center consultants are now available to help you with your oral presentations?
The Writing Center’s Presenter Center offers free, one-on-one consultations with individuals or groups giving presentations in any setting, from classes to conferences, and for any purpose, from business pitches to wedding toasts. From beginning an outline of your speech to putting the final touches on your presentation, the Presenter Center is available to assist you in the creative process of presenting your work.
Tutoring sessions are held in Bond Hall Room 117.
To use this service, simply follow these steps:
- Visit our online appointment scheduler.
- Once you have reached the main menu, select “Presenter Center” from the location dropdown.
- Schedule your appointment for your preferred time.
- Bring any visual aids (including PowerPoints or Prezis) you may be using to your appointment. If you want a recording of your presentation, we recommend that you bring a flash drive.
- Come visit the Presenter Center and chat with your consultant about your presentation.
Presentations exist at the intersection of intellectual and physical communication. Our attentive consultants can provide a welcoming and constructive practice audience as you work through both the writing and presenting processes.